Information to prepare for the NSF Roadmap Development Workshop has been compiled and sent to all participants. You may also use the Quick Links to access the Advance Materials for the workshop
- What are the future economic drivers for smart zero-emission, zero-incident manufacturing?
- How can process systems and CI affect or impact these drivers?
- What the new problems and what are the tools needed to attack these problems?
- What are the technology gaps? How will introduction of new process technology affect the future manufacturing environment?
- What the respective roles of industry, government and academia and how should they interrelate? How will the future regulatory environment affect the roadmap?
- What investments are needed in the CI and what investments are needed in the process systems areas? What should be the source of the investments?
- What sustainable business models are appropriate for an Engineering Virtual Organization to pursue the technology roadmap?
- Where are education and training needed?